We Love Our Children!
Contact Physical Therapy wanted you to know how much we love our children, and how it is our passion to keep them safe and happy, by highlighting the National Awarenesses throughout April.
SPORTS SAFETY TIPS (National Awareness: 4/1-4/30)
• Be mindful of hot temperatures and cancel practice if the heat is too extreme
• Have your kids participate in flexibility and fitness programs to learn proper exercises.
• Make sure your kids are provided with adequate rest periods to prevent overuse injuries. (Modified from Healthline.com)
PLAYGROUND SAFETY TIPS (National Awareness: 4/21 – 4/27)
• Make sure playground equipment is inspected frequently and kept in good repair. If it’s not, report this to your local parks and recreations office.
• Remove hood and neck drawstrings from children’s clothing and outerwear and don’t let kids wear helmets, necklaces, purses or scarves on the playground.
• Keep toddlers under age 5 in a separate play area, away from equipment designed for bigger kids.
• Actively supervise kids on a playground. Just being in the same area isn’t good enough – they need your undivided attention while playing on or around the equipment. Stay active and spend time at playgrounds, but always remember these tips not only during National Playground Safety Week! Modified from Safe Kids USA
NATIONAL SIBLING DAY (4/10)
Whether you are a brother or sister or have more than one child, celebrate that special relationship, not only this day, but every day!
TAKE OUR DAUGHTERS & SONS TO WORK DAY (4/25)
“Take your Daughters & Sons to Work Day®”, focuses on the ongoing challenges parents encounter while trying to integrate work and family. This day was designed to allow parents, guardians and mentors to share their work lives and introduce solutions these issues for our nation’s daughters and sons.
For more tips and information, please contact us today!