Find Out Why You Should Use a Foam Roller
Foam rollers serve as an effective, inexpensive method for self-massage, muscle tension relief, enhancing flexibility and preventing injury.
You can use a foam roller for a variety of exercises and it’s especially useful for core-strengthening and stabilizing postures and movements. If you aren’t using one, you’re missing out on some serious benefits!
Benefits of Using a Foam Roller
Use it pre-workout, pre-stretching or simply to start your day. The foam roller can roll out some great benefits which include these five:
- Muscle tension relief—if your muscles feel tight, your muscles have become shortened. A foam roller provides deep pressure which helps to lengthen those shortened muscles
- Increased range of motion—when you stay flexible, it helps reduce injuries and keeps you strong and healthy as you go through life
- Injury prevention—if you ignore those tight spots or knots in your muscles, they are more likely to lead to an injury. Using a foam roller can help prevent injuries as well as enhance your athletic performance
- Improves blood circulation—this will allow nutrients and wastes to move throughout your body more efficiently which will lead to better overall muscle repair and cellular function
- Removes tactic acid—strenuous exercise may lead to a tactic acid buildup in your muscles. After exercising, a foam roller can help your blood acidity return to normal more quickly
You can target the following parts of your body with a foam roller:
- Upper back
- Lower back
- IT Band
Just Roll with It
There are several Find the best type of foam roller for you and test one of these three options:
- High Density—a compact, molded roller that is designed to maintain its shape. Firmer rollers tend to be more effective and last longer.
- Grid Roller—durable, strong and with textured massage zones for targeted release.
- Rumble Roller—heavily textured for maximum tissue therapy with density options.
So go ahead and roll with it—your body will thank you!
For more health tips, please follow us on Facebook!